150 Years of NETZSCH
A Story of Success
With 150 years of history, the NETZSCH Group enjoys a long tradition. Our continuous development work and a conscientious management team secure consistency in a familiar hand. At present, the 5th generation has assumed managerial responsibility in the NETZSCH Group.
- NETZSCH is founded by Thomas NETZSCH and his brother Christian in Selb/Upper Franconia.
- The first products are pump wagons for extinguishing fires and agricultural machines.
Development and production of special machines for the ceramics industry, as a result of the establishment of the first porcelain factrories in the Selb area.
Due to their excellent quality, NETZSCH machines receive their first awards in Nuremberg and Munich.
Following the death of his father, Gustav NETZSCH takes over management of the company NETZSCH
Foundation of a branch in Asch (Bohemia) for duty-free supply to the Austro-Hungarian economic area.
Erich NETZSCH, son of Gustav NETZSCH, takes over management.
The company headquarters is moved from Selb to Asch.
At the start of World War II, NETZSCH has 200 employees in Asch.
After the end of the war, the factory in Asch must be given up, and rebuilding begins in Selb
Production of the Mohnopumps (NEMO® Pumpen) begins.
- Manufacture and sales of the Mohno pumps moved to Frankfurt am Main
- Foundation of Gebrüder NETZSCH Maschinenfabrik, Linz, Austria
- Foundation of NETZSCH-Vertriebs-Gesellschaft mbH, Selb
- Foundation of NETZSCH-Gerätebau GmbH, Selb
- With the foundation of NETZSCH-Mohnopumpen GmbH, pump production is moved to Waldkraiburg (Upper Bavaria)
- Wolfgang NETZSCH takes over management of NETZSCH-Mohnopumpen GmbH
- Foundation of NETZSCH Italiana S.r.l.,Verona, Italy
Foundation of NETZSCH Inc., Exton, PA, (USA)
- Foundation of NETZSCH do Brazil Ltda., Pomerode
- Erich NETZSCH´s son, Thomas NETZSCH, and son-in-law, Jürgen Schaefer, join the NETZSCH Group as managing directors
- Foundation of NETZSCH-Kunststoff GmbH, Selb, Germany
Foundation of NETZSCH Feinmahltechnik GmbH, Selb and acquisition of the production facilities in Tirschenreuth
Foundation of NETZSCH Fréres Sarl., Pontault-Combault/France
- Foundation of HEISHIN-NETZSCH Co., Ltd., Kobe/Japan (Joint Venture)
- Foundation of NETZSCH Newamatic GmbH, Waldkraiburg
- Foundation of NETZSCH-UK, Stoke-on-Trent, Großbritannien
Purchase of Heinrich Zeidler Maschinenfabrik GmbH+Co. KG
Foundation NETZSCH S.A., Zug/Switzerland
- Purchase of Mastermix Ltd. and Foundation of NETZSCH Mastermix Ltd., Aldridge/GB
- Foundation of Gummiwerk CHRISTENSEN NETZSCH GmbH, Celle, (Joint Venture)
- Foundation of NETZSCH Filtrationstechnik GmbH Selb
- Foundation of NETZSCH ASIA Pacific Pte. Ltd., Singapore
- Foundation of NETZSCH (Thailand) Ltd., Bangkok
- Renaming of Gebrüder NETZSCH Maschinenfabrik GmbH & Co. toErich NETZSCH GmbH & Co. Holding KG Selb, and separation of the ceramics machine division Gebrüder NETZSCH Maschinen- und Anlagenbau GmbH
- Foundation of CHRISTENSEN NETZSCH Rubber Inc., Oklahoma City, OK (USA) (Joint Venture)
- Foundation of NETZSCH Werbe- und Service-GmbH, Selb
- Purchase of Agrob-Anlagenbau GmbH Munich, Germany
- Foundation of NEMO®-Pumps Ltd., Aldridge/Great Britain
- Foundation of NETZSCH Espana S.A., Terrassa/Barcelona
- April 12th - Death of Erich NETZSCH
- Thomas and Wolfgang NETZSCH take over direction of the NETZSCH Group as managers and shareholders
Foundation of NETZSCH-Thuringia GmbH, Sonneberg, Germany
Purchase of Milantecnica S.r.l., Mailand, Italy
- The Erich NETZSCH GmbH & Co. Holding KG is the strategic leader of the business units and effects synergies within the NETZSCH Group
- Foundation of NETZSCH India Pte. Ltd., Chennai/ India
- Foundation of LANZHOU-NETZSCH Pumps Co. Ltd., Lanzhou/China
- Foundation of NETZSCH-Instruments Inc., Paoli, PA (USA)
- June 26th - Death of Wolfgang NETZSCH
- The group of NETZSCH companies is directed by Thomas NETZSCH and Jürgen Schaefer
- Sale of the NETZSCH-Newamatic GmbH
- NETZSCH takes over the machinery manufacturer CONDUX which was in receivership, and establishes NETZSCH CONDUX Mahltechnik GmbH, Hanau
- Sale of the Business Unit "Ceramic Process Engineering" to the Siu Fung Group
- Sale of the NETZSCH-Kunststofftechnik GmbH
- NETZSCH concentrates on the core competencies "Analyzing and Testing", "Filtration", "Grinding and Dispersing" and "Pumps"
- The NETZSCH Group has more than 1800 employees in 22 countries, with 67 sales and service centers worldwide
- Takeover of all shares of LANZHOU-NETZSCH Pumps Co. Ltd., Lanzhou/China
- Gründung der ZAO GRP-service AG, Moskau, Russland, Joint Venture
- Foundation of a service company in Moscow for the Russian waste water market
- First Edition of the NETZSCH Management Manual
- NETZSCH celebrates its 125th anniversary
- Latest example of the innovative power of the NETZSCH Group: NETZSCH-Mohnopumpen GmbH is awarded of the Bavarian Innovation Prize
Image: Jürgen Schaefer and Thomas NETZSCH
- Foundation of NETZSCH AKW A+V Equipamentos e Processos, Pomerode/Brazil, (Joint Venture)
- Foundation of NETZSCH Argentina S.A., Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Expansion of sales support offices in China
- Sale of CHRISTENSEN NETZSCH GmbH, sale of CHRISTENSEN NETZSCH Rubber Inc.
- Foundation of JOCHMAN-NETZSCH filtracná technika, s.r.o., Spisská Nová Ves, Slowakai (Joint Venture)
Image: NETZSCH CONDUX Mahltechnik GmbH, Hanau
- Foundation of NETZSCH de Colombia, Medellin, Columbia
- Foundation of NETZSCH Malaysia Shd. Bhd., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Foundation of NETZSCH Korea Ltd., Seoul, Korea
- Elastomer fabrication at NETZSCH do Brazil
- Foundation of NETZSCH (Shanghai) Machinery and Instruments Co. Ltd., Shanghai, China
- Splitt off the oil pump business into the newly-founded NETZSCH Oilfield Products GmbH, Selb, Germany
- Foundation of NETZSCH Service Nordeste Ltda., Natal, Brazil
- Merging of NETZSCH-Instruments Corp. with NETZSCH Incorporated, Exton PA, USA
- Dedication of the research and development center NETZSCH do Brazil
- Milantecnica S.r.l. is renamed NETZSCH Milantecnica Verona
- Dedication of technology center, NETZSCH Incorporated
- Foundation of NETZSCH Holdings USA Inc., New York, NY, USA
- Foundation of NETZSCH Instruments Inc. Burlington, Ma, USA
- Expansion of the oilpump business with the newly-founded NETZSCH Oilfield Products Austria GmbH, Vienna, Austria
- Purchase of the Holometrix Micromet Division from Metrisa Inc., Bedford, MA, USA
Image: NETZSCH (Shanghai) Machinery and Instruments Co. Ltd., Shanghai, China
- 40-Year-Anniversary of NETZSCH Gerätebau GmbH, Selb and NETZSCH Mohnopumpen GmbH, Waldkraiburg
- Foundation of NETZSCH Tula ZAO, Tula, Russian Federation
- Merger of NETZSCH Holdings USA, New York/USA with NETZSCH Instrumenty Inc. Burlington/Massachusetts, USA
- Foundation of NETZSCH Instrumenty Sp.z.o.o., Krakau/Poland
- New Generation at the Helm of the NETZSCH Group
- Sale of Business Unit "Filtration"
- Sale of JOCHMAN-NETZSCH filtracna Technica, s.r.o., Spisska Nova Ves, Slovakei and NETZSCH India Private Ltd., Chennai, India in connection with the sale of the Business Unit "Filtration"
- Foundation of NETZSCH Fine Particle Technology, LLC., Extron, PA, USA
- Foundation of NETZSCH Technologies India Pvt. Ltd., Chennai, India
- Foundation of NETZSCH Indústria e Comércio de Equipamentos de Moagem Ltda., Pomerode, Brazil
- New Generation at the helm of the Business Unit „Analyzing and Testing“. Dr. Wolf-Dieter Emmerich turns over the management to Dr. Thomas Denner
- Foundation of NETZSCH Pumps Rus OOO, Moscow, Russia
Dedication of production facilities NETZSCH LANZHOU Pumps Co. Ltd., Lanzhou, PR China
- Foundation of NETZSCH Service Nordeste Ltda., Natal, Brazil
- Foundation of NETZSCH Pompen Nederland B.V., Vleuten, Netherlands
- Foundation of NETZSCH Scientific Instruments (Shanghai) Trading Ltd., Shanghai, PR China
- Foundation of NETZSCH Pumps Bellux BVBA, Affligem, Belgium
- New Generation at the Helm of the NETZSCH Group: Dr. Otto Max Schaefer, Thomas NETZSCH and Dr. Hanns-Peter Ohl
- The NETZSCH Group has worldwide more than 2200 employees in 117 sales and service centers in 23 countries
- Foundation of NETZSCH México S.A. DE C.V., Mexico
- Foundation of NETZSCH Service Bahia, Ltda. Pojuca, Brazil
- Foundation of NETZSCH Instruments North America, LLC, Burlington, Massachusetts USA
- Foundation of NETZSCH USA Holdings Inc., Exton, USA
- Foundation of NETZSCH Pumps North Armerica LLC, Exton, PA, USA
- Foundation of NETZSCH Dosiertechnik Waldkraiburg
- January 12th - Death of Thomas NETZSCH
- Foundation of NETZSCH South Africa, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Extension of the existing building of NETZSCH-Gerätebau GmbH, Selb
- Dedication of BluLab - Business Unit Grinding & Dispersing
- Foundation of NETZSCH Canada Inc., Toronto, Canada
- Foundation of NETZSCH Australia PTY. Ltd., Sydney Australia
- Foundation of NETZSCH Indonesia, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Foundation of NETZSCH Peru Sociedad, Anomina, Cerrado, Lima, Peru
- Foundation of NETZSCH Centro Oeste Ltda. Goiana Brazil
- Dedication of the new production plant in India, Goa
- NETZSCH Gerätebau GmbH, Selb, celebrates its 50th anniversary
- NETZSCH Mohnopumpen GmbH, Waldkraiburg celebrates its 50th anniversary
- NETZSCH Mohnopumpen GmbH changes its name to NETZSCH Pumpen & Systeme GmbH
Dietmar Bolkart is to be appointed as the new Chairman of Erich NETZSCH GmbH & Co. Holding KG. The 58-year-old started his mandate on January 1, 2013. He head the company together with Dr. Hanns-Peter Ohl, Member of the Executive Board with equal rights
Moritz NETZSCH has been appointed as a Member of the Executive Board of Erich NETZSCH GmbH & Co. Holding KG. Starting as of January 1, he heads the company together with Dietmar Bolkart and Dr. Hanns-Peter Ohl
- Dr. Hanns-Peter Ohl left the NETZSCH Group as per end of 2018. Jens Niessner has taken on the role of the CFO on an interim basis
- Dietmar Bolkart has retired by end of April 2019 as Chairman of the Executive Board of Erich NETZSCH GmbH & Co. Holding
- As of August 1, 2019 Jens Niessner takes over the task of a Member of the Executive Board Finance, Controlling and Mergers & Acquisitions. With is appointment, NETZSCH Group is now headed by Moritz NETZSCH and Jens Niessner
Image: Dietmar Bolkart, Dr. Hanns-Peter Ohl and Moritz NETZSCH
Paul NETZSCH has been appointed Member of the Executive Board of Erich NETZSCH GmbH & Co. Holding KG as per April 1, 2020. Along with his brother Moritz NETZSCH and Jens Niessner, they will manage the NETZSCH Group as a three-member body.
Image: Thomas NETZSCH 1946-2010
- The NETZSCH Group is celebrating its 150th anniversary on four continents with six incredible events.
- Erich NETZSCH GmbH & Co. Holding KG undergoes a name change and becomes Erich NETZSCH B.V. & Co. Holding KG.
- Starting signal for „Lanzhou New Plant“ at NETZSCH Pumps & Systems in China